Turbo High Output Engine
THE NEW 2.7L TURBO HIGH-OUTPUT ENGINE
Stronger. Faster. More Powerful.
The all-new 2.7L Turbo 4-cylinder engine is the modern powertrain designed specifically for light duty pickup trucks. Available in the next generation 2022/2023Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck, Custom, Custom Trail Boss, LT, and LT Trail Boss and the all-new 2022/2023 GMC Sierra 1500 Pro, SLE & Elevation.
New 2.7L Turbo High-Output Engine
- TORQUE: 430 lb-ft
- HORSEPOWER: 310 hp
- ACCELERATION (0-100 KPH): 6.8 seconds
- FUEL EFFICIENCY (CITY): 12.5L / 100km
- TOWING/TRAILERING: 9,500 lbs
KEY BENEFITS FOR PERFORMANCE
Speed & Horsepower
The 2.7L Turbo High-Output Engine has a lower mass than the 3.6L V6, but more horsepower.
- 310 horsepower @ 5,600 RPM
- 0 – 100 km/h in 6.8 seconds
Its low mass and improved speed drives off-road performance.
With technology such as Direct Injection and Cylinder Deactivation, the 2.7L Turbo engine provides better fuel efficiency than the Canyon/Colorado V6.
- 10.8 L/100km Highway
- 12.5 L/100km City
- 11.7 L/100km Combined
The above fuel economy figures are for 4WD equipped Chevrolet Silverado 1500 & GMC Sierra 1500 trucks.
The new 2.7L Turbo High-Output Engine comes with a strengthened block and crankshaft, allowing it to safely handle higher loads and rpms.
- 420 lb-ft of torque @ 1,500 RPM
It has a proven reliability within the Chevrolet Full size Trucks.
The 2.7L Turbo engine is designed like a diesel, utilizing diesel technology for high loads and including a fully forged bottom end.
- Up to 9,600 lbs towing
- Up to 2,280 lbs payload
This provides diesel-like torque and similar fuel economy, without the mass and complications.
The 2.7L Turbo 4-cylinder engine is packed with tried and tested as well as new technology to provide excellent fuel economy and good performance.
Priority Oil Flow
- Pressure Relief Valve maintains oil pressure to prevent additional wear and tear
Forged Steel Crank Shaft
- Crank Stiffened by 30%
- Greater strength
- Better fatigue resistance
Fully Forged Steel Bottom-End
- Designed like a diesel to handle the immense loading of the turbo engine
- Spun in a refractory and cast into the block
- Handles incredibly high loads
Cast-Iron Ring Carriers
- Diesel tech to leverage long term durability
- Pressure Relief Valve to improve durability of the chains
- Less stress and wear on the system
Electric Water Pump
- Constant cooling of the turbo to provide optimal performance
Active Thermal Management
- Able to heat components in winter conditions for optimal temperatures and cool them better in extreme hot weather
Piston Cooling Jet
- Further lubricates and cools the piston and more interfaces under high loading for increased durability and efficiency
THE NEW 2.7 IS THE BEST BASE ENGINE
3.3L V6 PFDI
HORSEPOWER: 290 hp
TORQUE: 265 lb-ft of torque
MAX PAYLOAD: 1,985 lbs (900 kg)
MAX TRAILERING: 8,200 lbs (3719 kg)
3.6L V6 eTorque
HORSEPOWER: 305 hp
TORQUE: 269 lb-ft of torque
MAX PAYLOAD: 2,300 lbs (1043 kg)
MAX TRAILERING: 7,720 lbs (3501 kg)
2.7L Turbo High-Output
HORSEPOWER: 310 hp
TORQUE: 430 lb-ft of torque
MAX PAYLOAD: 2,270 lbs (1029 kg)
MAX TRAILERING: 9,500 lbs (4309 kg)
New and popular items at competitive prices.